EGRP News Flash - December 23, 2008
News from NCI Epidemiology and Genetics Research Program
The Epidemiology and Genetics Research Program (EGRP) has updated its Web site to include the following added features related to research funding and resources, Program staff, and other happenings:
- View information about EGRP-sponsored funding opportunities and other funding opportunities of interest to epidemiologists on a newly developed Web page.
- Access past EGRP Listserv announcements, now searchable by date or topic.
- Read EGRP's print newsletter, the EGRP Bulletin. Items from recent issues which might be of particular interest include:
- EGRP gained three new Program Directors in 2008 that bring expertise in cancer epidemiology as well as cell biology and molecular genetics, molecular biomarkers, and cancer disparities. Read about Damali Martin, Ph.D., M.P.H., Rao (Mahesh) Divi, Ph.D., and Gary Ellison, Ph.D.
- EGRP staff gave a workshop on evaluating the impact of epidemiologic findings in genome-wide association studies at the American College of Epidemiology annual meeting this fall.
- Four grantees recently came to EGRP as part of the Visiting Scholar Seminar Series: Summaries of the first two seminars by Marianne Berwick, Ph.D., M.P.H., of the University of New Mexico, and Christine Ambrosone, Ph.D., of Roswell Park Cancer Institute, are available.
- A variety of new staff and grantee publications are now in print relating to cancer epidemiology, the evaluation of large cohort studies, and the EGRP-supported Cancer Genetics Network's (CGN) efforts to enhance minority recruitment into population-based studies.