Cancer Risk Prediction and Assessment
Key Risk Prediction & Assessment Publications
- McCarthy WJ, Meza R, Jeon J, Moolgavkar SH. Chapter 6: Lung cancer in never smokers: epidemiology and risk prediction models. Risk Anal. Jul 2012;32 Suppl 1:S69-84.
- Anothaisintawee T, Teerawattananon Y, Wiratkapun C, Kasamesup V, Thakkinstian A. Risk prediction models of breast cancer: a systematic review of model performances. Breast Cancer Res Treat. May 2012;133(1):1-10.
- Meads C, Ahmed I, Riley RD. A systematic review of breast cancer incidence risk prediction models with meta-analysis of their performance. Breast Cancer Res Treat. Apr 2012;132(2):365-377.
- Win AK, Macinnis RJ, Hopper JL, Jenkins MA. Risk prediction models for colorectal cancer: a review. Cancer epidemiology, biomarkers & prevention: a publication of the American Association for Cancer Research, cosponsored by the American Society of Preventive Oncology. Mar 2012;21(3):398-410.
- Gerds TA, Cai T, Schumacher M. The performance of risk prediction models. Biom J. 2008 Aug;50(4):457-79.
- Santen RJ, Boyd NF, Chlebowski RT, Cummings S, Cuzick J, Dowsett M, Easton D, Forbes JF, Key T, Hankinson SE, Howell A, Ingle J; Breast Cancer Prevention Collaborative Group. Critical assessment of new risk factors for breast cancer: considerations for development of an improved risk prediction model. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2007 Jun;14(2):169-87.
- Cassidy A, Duffy SW, Myles JP, Liloglou T, Field JK. Lung cancer risk prediction: a tool for early detection. Int J Cancer. 2007 Jan 1;120(1):1-6.
- Decarli A, Calza S, Masala G, Specchia C, Palli D, Gail MH. Gail model for prediction of absolute risk of invasive breast cancer: independent evaluation in the Florence-European Prospective Investigation Into Cancer and Nutrition cohort. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2006 Dec 6;98(23):1686-93.
- Elmore JG, Fletcher SW. The risk of cancer risk prediction: "What is my risk of getting breast cancer"? J Natl Cancer Inst. 2006 Dec 6;98(23):1673-5.
- Reilly BM, Evans AT. Translating clinical research into clinical practice: impact of using prediction rules to make decisions. Ann Intern Med. 2006 Feb 7;144(3):201-9.
- Nelson HD, Huffman LH, Fu R, Harris EL; U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Genetic risk assessment and BRCA mutation testing for breast and ovarian cancer susceptibility: systematic evidence review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Ann Intern Med. 2005 Sep 6;143(5):362-79.
- Freedman AN, Seminara D, Gail MH, Hartge P, Colditz GA, Ballard-Barbash R, Pfeiffer RM. Cancer risk prediction models: a workshop on development, evaluation, and application. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005 May 18;97(10):715-23.
- Domchek SM, Eisen A, Calzone K, Stopfer J, Blackwood A, Weber BL. Application of breast cancer risk prediction models in clinical practice. J Clin Oncol. 2003 Feb 15;21(4):593-601.
- Claus EB. Risk models used to counsel women for breast and ovarian cancer: a guide for clinicians. Fam Cancer. 2001;1(3-4):197-206.
Return to Top
Last Updated: 02 May 2013