Nurses Health Study II Activity and Inactivity Questionnaire
In: Wolf AM, Hunter DJ, Colditz GA, Manson JE, Stampfer MJ, Corsano KA, Rosner B, Kriska A, Willett WC. Reproducibility and validity of a self-administered physical activity questionnaire. Int J Epidemiol 1994 Oct;23(5):991-9.
- During the past year, what was your average time per week spent at each of the following recreational activities? (1980)
0 1-4 min 5-10 min 20-59 min 1 hr 1-1.5 hr 2-3 hr 4-6 hr 7-10 hr 11+ hr Walking or hiking outdoors (include walking to work) Bicycling (include stationary machine)
- On average, how many hours per week do you spend:
0 1-4 min 5-10 min 20-59 min 1 hr 1-1.5 hr 2-3 hr 4-6 hr 7-10hr 11+ hr Standing or walking around at work? Standing or walking aroundat home?
- What is your usual walking pace outdoors? (1986, 1988, 1990,1992, 1996, 1998)
- Easy, casual (less than 2 mph)
- Normal, average (2-2.9 mph)
- Brisk pace (3-3.9 mph)
- Very brisk/striding (4 mph or faster)
- Unable to walk
- How many blocks do you walk daily? (1982)
- 1 or less
- 20 or more
- << Previous questionnaire: 2002 National Survey of Pedestrian and Bicyclist Attitudes and Behaviors
- List of questionnaires
- Next questionnaire: One-Page Questionnaire of Physical Activity - Vitamins and Lifestyle (VITAL) Study >>
About This Database
You are browsing a database of standardized questionnaires that ask about respondents' walking and bicycling habits.
The survey on this page is presented for informational purposes only, and is not intended to be filled out by visitors to this Web site.
The Applied Research Program maintains this database, but, except where noted, did not create and does not maintain the questionnaires themselves. For more information about a specific questionnaire, please contact its author(s). When possible, we cite the source of each questionnaire near the top of the page.