February 2021 EGRP Cancer Epidemiology News
EGRP Cancer Epidemiology News
- EGRP Staff Transitions
- Funding Opportunities and Notices of Special Interest
- Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Grants Policy Notices
- Job Opportunities
- NCI Blog Posts
- NIH News
EGRP Staff Transitions
After Dr. Nonye Harvey’s departure for a new position in NIH’s Office of Extramural Research (OER), Camille Pottinger, M.P.H. assumed the role of Executive Director of the NCI Cohort Consortium, in addition to her work on other EGRP programmatic and scientific initiatives. Ms. Pottinger first joined EGRP in 2016 as a Cancer Research Training Award (CRTA) fellow and transitioned to a position supporting EGRP as a contractor with the Scientific Consulting Group, Inc. in 2019.
Sonia Rosenfield, Ph.D. joined EGRP’s Office of the Associate Director (OAD) in December 2020 as a Health Science Administrator. She assists with a variety of activities in the program, such as strategic planning, programmatic evaluation projects, and working with EGRP’s data sharing committee and the Cannabis and Cancer Research Interest Group. Before coming to EGRP, Dr. Rosenfield worked in NCI’s Center for Research Strategy where she assisted in developing multiple initiatives across NCI and NIH on health policy, partnership building, and streamlining research.
Crystal Lane, M.S., M.P.H. joined EGRP in January 2021 as a Public Health Advisor. Ms. Lane will be involved with coordinating various consortia activities, assisting with program evaluation, and coordinating financial management planning activities for the program. Prior to joining EGRP, Ms. Lane was a Public Health Analyst at the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), first for the Maternal and Child Health Bureau and then for the HIV/AIDS Bureau. Ms. Lane first joined NCI in 2014 as a CRTA fellow in EGRP where she provided technical assistance for special projects related to cohorts and consortia.
Gary Ellison, Ph.D., M.P.H., Chief of EGRP’s Environmental Epidemiology Branch (EEB), is on detail to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), effective January 25, 2021. He is the Acting Division Director for the Division of Extramural Research and Training. For the duration of his detail, Kathy Helzlsouer, M.D., M.H.S., Associate Director of EGRP, will serve as Acting Branch Chief of EEB.
For a full list of EGRP team members, please see the EGRP Staff List.
Funding Opportunities and Notices of Special Interest
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Understanding the effects of cancer and cancer treatment on aging trajectories and aging outcomes (NOT-CA-21-031)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Administrative Supplement Opportunity to Study the Impact of COVID-19 on Global Cancer Prevention and Control (NOT-CA-21-033)
- Cancer Prevention, Detection, Diagnosis, and Treatment Technologies for Global Health (U01, Clinical Trial Optional)
- Expert-Driven Small Projects to Strengthen Gabriella Miller Kids First Discovery (R03, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- Research to Reduce Morbidity and Improve Care for Pediatric, and Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Cancer Survivors (R01 & R21, Clinical Trial Optional)
- NIH Support for Conferences and Scientific Meetings (Parent R13, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- Nutrition for Precision Health, powered by the All of Us Research Program
- Artificial Intelligence for Multimodal Data Modeling and Bioinformatics Center (U54, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- Metabolomics and Clinical Assays Center (U24, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- Microbiome and Metagenomics Center (U24, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- Dietary Assessment Center (U24, Clinical Trial Optional)
- Clinical Centers (UG1, Clinical Trial Required)
- Research Coordinating Center (U24, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- Post-Acute Sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 Infection Initiative: Clinical Science Core, Data Resource Core, and PASC Biorepository Core (OTA-21-015A)
- Post-Acute Sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 Infection Initiative: SARS-CoV-2 Recovery Cohort Studies (OTA-21-015B)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Research Grants for the Metabolic Dysregulation and Cancer Risk Program: a Transdisciplinary Approach to Obesity-Associated Research (U01, Clinical Trial Optional)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Coordinating Center for the Metabolic Dysregulation and Cancer Risk Program: a Transdisciplinary Approach to Obesity-associated Research (U01, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- RFP: 2021 NIH Telomere Network Data Analysis Awards*
*NCI is not participating