The ASA24 Researcher Website allows researchers, clinicians, and teachers to register a study, set study parameters, manage study logistics, and obtain outut files.
The Website allows Researchers to set the following options:
- Collect 24-hour recalls, and for ASA24-2016, food records;
- For recalls, query intake from midnight-to-midnight of the previous day or for the past 24 hours (starting at the time of login);
- Have Respondents complete a recall in one sitting (with breaks of no more than 30 minutes) or over a longer specified time interval;
- Have Respondents complete a recall in a single or multiple sessions;
- For records, collect consecutive or non-consecutive day food records (ASA24-2016 version only);
- Customize a study's opening and closing text scripts and study logo on the Respondent Website;
- Turn on optional modules to query the location of meals, with whom meals were eaten, television and computer use during meals, and supplement intakes.
In addition, the Website enables Researchers to do the following:
- Monitor study progress and to obtain a variety of reports, including statistics for complete, incomplete, and upcoming recalls or records for each participant;
- Manage Respondent user accounts;
- Use a wizard to generate recall dates for studies defined as "scheduled;"
- View information about recalls and records including number of logins, session duration, language, calories, number of eating occasions and number of food codes;
- Obtain analysis files that are based on the following databases:
- Food and Nutrient Database for Dietary Studies (FNDDS) for U.S. versions.
- Canadian Nutrient File (CNF) for the Canadian versions.
- Food group estimates (not available for Canada) are based on the United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Food Pyramid Equivalents Database (ASA24-2016) and on the MyPyramid Equivalents Database (MPED), for ASA24-2014, and ASA24-Kids-2014.
- The version of the databases applied depends on the version of ASA24 used by the study (compare ASA24 versions). These data can be analyzed by Researchers or used to provide reports to Respondents.
ASA24 is a registered trademark of HHS.