CaPTC Publications and Presentations
- Dickey SL, Ogunsanya ME. Quality of Life among Black Prostate Cancer Survivors: An Integrative Review. American Journal of Men’s Health, 2018 Sep; 12(5):1648-1664.
- Kaninjing E, Lopez I, Nguyen J, Odedina F, Young M. Prostate Cancer Screening Perception, Beliefs, and Practices Among Men in Bamenda, Cameroon. American Journal of Men's Health. 2018 Sep; 12 (5): 1463-1472
- Ogunsanya ME, Badejo C, Bassey IE, Mohammed F. Perceived Behavioral Control as a Potential Precursor of Prostate Cancer and Screening Communication Among Black Men. 2018 Science of Global Prostate Cancer Disparities Conference, Ilorin, Nigeria, November 7 – 10, 2018.
- Ogunsanya ME. The Crossroads of Cancer Care and Behavioral Research: A Commentary on the State of Cancer Care in Nigeria. 2018 Science of Global Prostate Cancer Disparities Conference, Ilorin, Nigeria, November 7 – 10, 2018.
- Morrison BF, Aiken WD, Mayhew R, Gordon Y, Odedina FT. Prostate Cancer Knowledge, Prevention, and Screening Behaviors in Jamaican Men. J Cancer Educ. 2017 Jun;32(2):352-356.
- Enrest K, Saleh R, Fran C, Rodiguez P, Matthew D, Nazarius L, Oghenekome O. Prostate cancer screening knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs among men in Bamenda, Cameroon. International Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology. Epub 2017 Apr 19.
- Popoola AA, Abiola OO, Buhari T, Ushie AF, Olanipekun HB, Arogundade AK. Multiple primary cancers: Simultaneously occurring prostate cancer and other primary tumors-our experience and literature search. Niger J Clin Pract. 2017 Mar;20(3):278-282.
- Yates C, Long MD, Campbell MJ, Sucheston-Campbell L. miRNAs as drivers of TMPRSS2-ERG negative prostate tumors in African American men. Frontiers in Bioscience. 2017 Jan 1; 22:212-9.
- Ogunsanya ME, Brown CM, Odedina FT, Barner JC, Adedipe TB, Corbell B. Knowledge of Prostate Cancer and Screening Among Young Multiethnic Black Men. Am J Mens Health. 2017 Jan 1 [Epub ahead of print].
- Sanchez TW, Zhang G, Li J, Dai L, Mirshahidi S, Wall NR, Yates C, Wilson C, Montgomery S, Zhang JY, Casiano CA. Immunoseroproteomic Profiling in African American Men with Prostate Cancer: Evidence for an Autoantibody Response to Glycolysis and Plasminogen-Associated Proteins. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2016 Dec; 15 (12): 3564-3580.
- Ogunsanya ME, Brown CM, Odedina FT, Barner JC, Adedipe T. Determinants of Prostate Cancer Screening Intentions of Young Black Men Aged 18 to 40 Years. J Racial Ethn Health Disparities. 2016 Nov 18. [Epub ahead of print]
- Jones J, Mukherjee A, Karanam B, Davis M, Jaynes J, Reams RR, Dean-Colomb W, Yates C. African Americans with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma exhibit gender differences in Kaiso expression. Cancer Letters. 2016 Oct 1;380(2):513-22.
- Adeloye D, David RA, Aderemi AV, Iseolorunkanmi A, Oyedokun A, Iweala EE, Omoregbe N, Ayo CK. An Estimate of the Incidence of Prostate Cancer in Africa: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. PLoS One. 2016 Apr 13;11(4):e0153496.
- Ogunsanya ME, Brown CM, Odedina FT, Barner JC, Corbell B, Adedipe TB. Beliefs Regarding Prostate Cancer Screening Among Black Males Aged 18 to 40 Years. Am J Mens Health. 2016 Mar 18. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ngwa W, Ngoma T, Zietman A, Mayr N, Elzawawy A, Winningham TA, Balogun O, Enwerem-Bromson N, Ntizimira C, Olopade OI, Oluwole D, Odedina F, Williams M, Flanigan J, Asana L, Ngwa K, Avery S, Pollard JM, Roland T, Funwi-gabga N, Mbarika V, Hardenbergh P, Winkfield K, Pipman Y, Stefan C, Ngoma M, Mohammed S, Katz M, Erno S, Moni J, Fitzgerald T, Tonlaar N, Efstathiou J, Gierga D, Ayo C, Knaul F, Gospodarowicz M, Makrigiorgos GM, Nguyen PL. Closing the Cancer Divide Through Ubuntu: Information and Communication Technology-Powered Models for Global Radiation Oncology. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. Mar 1;94(3):440-9.
- Jedy-Agba EE, Oga EA, Odutola M, Abdullahi YM, Popoola A, Achara P, Afolayan E, Banjo AA, Ekanem I, Erinomo O, Ezeome E, Igbinoba F, Obiorah C, Ogunbiyi O, Omonisi A, Osime C, Ukah C, Osinubi P, Hassan R, Blattner W, Dakum P, Adebamowo CA. Developing National Cancer Registration in Developing Countries - Case Study of the Nigerian National System of Cancer Registries. Front Public Health. 2015 Jul 30;3:186.
- Hu H, Odedina FT, Reams RR, Lissaker CT, Xu X. Racial Differences in Age-Related Variations of Testosterone Levels Among US Males: Potential Implications for Prostate Cancer and Personalized Medication. J Racial Ethn Health Disparities. 2015 Mar;2(1):69-76.
- Reams RR, Jones-Triche J, Chan OTM, Hernandez BY, Soliman KFA, Yates C. Immunohistological Analysis of ABCD3 Expression in Caucasian and African American Prostate Tumors. BioMed Research International. 2015;2015:132981.
- Akinremi T, Adeniyi A, Olutunde A, Oduniyi A, Ogo C. Need for and relevance of prostate cancer screening in Nigeria. Ecancermedicalscience. 2014 Aug 28;8:457.
- Adewole I, Martin DN, Williams MJ, Adebamowo C, Bhatia K, Berling C, Casper C, Elshamy K, Elzawawy A, Lawlor RT, Legood R, Mbulaiteye SM, Odedina FT, Olopade OI, Olopade CO, Parkin DM, Rebbeck TR, Ross H, Santini LA, Torode J, Trimble EL, Wild CP, Young AM, Kerr DJ. Building capacity for sustainable research programmes for cancer in Africa. Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2014 May;11(5):251-9.
- Segal R, Odedina FT, Pressey S. Proceedings of the international workshop on cancer advocacy for African countries. Infect Agent Cancer. 2013 Jul 15;8 Suppl 1:S1. Epub 2013 Jul 15.
- Odedina FT, Asante-Shongwe K, Kandusi EJ, Segal R, Pressey S, Reams RR, Simons VH. The African cancer advocacy consortium: shaping the path for advocacy in Africa. Infect Agent Cancer. 2013 Jul 15;8 Suppl 1:S8. Epub 2013 Jul 15.
- Odedina FT, Rodrigues B. Cancer Advocacy in Africa: case studies of innovative practices. Infect Agent Cancer. 2013 Jul 15;8 Suppl 1:S7. Epub 2013 Jul 15.
- Odedina FT, Rodrigues B, Raja P. Setting the stage for Cancer Advocacy in Africa: how? Infect Agent Cancer. 2013 Jul 15;8 Suppl 1:S6. Epub 2013 Jul 15.
- Reams RR, Odedina FT, Pressey S. Advocacy resource: engaging the media and promoting your cancer program in Africa. Infect Agent Cancer. 2013 Jul 15;8 Suppl 1:S5. Epub 2013 Jul 15.
- Akinremi TO. Research collaboration with low resource countries: overcoming the challenges. Infect Agent Cancer. 2011 Sep 23:6 Suppl 2:S3.
- Akinremi TO, Ogo CN, Olutunde AO. Review of prostate cancer research in Nigeria. Infect Agent Cancer. 2011 Sep 23;6 Suppl 2:S8.
- Atawodi SE. Nigerian foodstuffs with prostate cancer chemopreventive polyphenols. Infect Agent Cancer. 2011 Sep 23;6 Suppl 2:S9.
- Kabore FA, Zango B, Sanou A, Yameogo C, Kirakoya B. Prostate cancer outcome in Burkina Faso. Infect Agent Cancer. 2011 Sep 23;6 Suppl 2:S6.
- Odedina FT, Gagne GA, LaRose-Pierre M, Emanuel A, Scrivens J, Adams AA, Pressey SA, Odedina AO. Within-group differences between native-born and foreign-born Black men on prostate cancer risk reduction and early detection practices. J Immigr Minor Health. 2011 Dec;13(6):996-1004.
- Odedina FT, Gagne GA, Pressey SA, Odedina AO, Emanuel A, Scrivens J, Reams RR, Adams AA, LaRose-Pierre M. Prostate cancer health and cultural beliefs of black men: The Florida Prostate Cancer Disparity Project. Infect Agent Cancer. 2011 Sep 23;6 Suppl 2S10.
- Odedina FT, Scrivens JJ, LaRose-Pierre M, Emanuel F, Adams AD, Gagne GA, Pressey SA, Odedina O. Modifiable prostate cancer risk reduction and early detection behaviors in black men. Am J Health Behav. 2011 Jul;35(4):470-484.
- Ogunbiyi OJ. Impact of health system challenges on prostate cancer control: health care experiences in Nigeria. Infect Agent Cancer. 2011 Sep 23:6 Suppl 2:S5.
- Ragin C, Mutetwa B, Attong-Rogers A, Roach V, Taioli E. Geographic and outcome variation among black men diagnosed with prostate cancer. Infect Agent Cancer. 2011 Sep 23:6 Suppl 2:S2.
- Reams RR, Kalari KR, Wang H, Odedina FT, Soliman KF, Yates C. Detecting gene-gene interactions in prostate disease in African American men. Infect Agent Cancer. 2011 Sep 23;6 Suppl 2:S1.
- Roberts R. Bridging the urological divide. Infect Agent Cancer. 2011 Sep 23:6 Suppl 2:S4.
- Kumar NB, Yu D, Akinremi TO, Odedina FT. Comparing dietary and other lifestyle factors among immigrant Nigerian men living in the US and indigenous men from Nigeria: potential implications for prostate cancer risk reduction. J Immigr Minor Health. 2009 Oct;11(5):391-9.
- Odedina FT, Akinremi TO, Chinegwundoh F, Roberts R, Yu D, Reams RR, Freedman ML, Rivers B, Green BL, Kumar N. Prostate cancer disparities in Black men of African descent: a comparative literature review of prostate cancer burden among Black men in the United States, Caribbean, United Kingdom, and West Africa. Infect Agent Cancer. 2009 Feb 10;4 Suppl 1:S2.
- Odedina FT, Yu D, Akinremi TO, Reams RR, Freedman ML, and Kumar N. Prostate cancer cognitive-behavioral factors in a West African population. J Immigr Minor Health. 2009 Aug;11(4):258-67.
- Reams RR, Agrawal D, Davis MB, Yoder S, Odedina FT, Kumar N, Higginbotham JM, Akinremi T, Suther S, Soliman KF. Microarray comparison of prostate tumor gene expression African-American and Caucasian American males: a pilot project study. Infect Agent Cancer. 2009 Feb 10;4 Suppl:1:S3
- Odedina FT, Campbell ES, LaRose-Pierre M, Scrivens J, Hill A. Personal factors affecting African-American men's prostate cancer screening behavior. J Natl Med Assoc. 2008 Jun;100(6):724-733.