Pre-Application Webinar on NCI’s Provocative Questions Relevant to Population Scientists
February 15, 2018: 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
This webinar focused on the following Provocative Questions (PQ):
- PQ-1: What molecular mechanisms influence disease penetrance in individuals who inherit a cancer susceptibility gene?
- PQ-2: How do variations in immune function caused by comorbidities or observed among different populations affect response to cancer therapy?
- PQ-3: Do genetic interactions between germline variations and somatic mutations contribute to differences in tumor evolution or response to therapy?
- PQ-6: How do circadian processes affect tumor development, progression, and response to therapy?
- PQ-10: How do microbiota affect the response to cancer therapies?
- PQ-11: Through what mechanisms do diet and nutritional interventions affect the response to cancer treatment?
- PQ-12: What are the molecular and/or cellular mechanisms that underlie the development of cancer therapy-induced severe adverse sequelae?
The RFAs* discussed included the following:
- RFA-CA-17-017 (R01)
- RFA-CA-17-018 (R21)
- RFA-CA-17-019 (Revision applications to R01 awards)
- RFA-CA-17-020 (Revision applications to U01 awards)
- RFA-CA-17-021 (Revision applications to P01 awards)
- RFA-CA-17-022 (Revision applications to P50 awards)
*Although these RFAs recently expired, the Provocative Questions funding opportunity announcements will be reissued as "Clinical Trial Optional" funding opportunity announcements to comply with the updated NIH Clinical Trials policy.