Pre-Application Webinar on NCI’s Provocative Questions Relevant to Population Scientists
February 15, 2018: 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
This webinar focused on the following Provocative Questions (PQ):
- PQ-1: What molecular mechanisms influence disease penetrance in individuals who inherit a cancer susceptibility gene?
- PQ-2: How do variations in immune function caused by comorbidities or observed among different populations affect response to cancer therapy?
- PQ-3: Do genetic interactions between germline variations and somatic mutations contribute to differences in tumor evolution or response to therapy?
- PQ-6: How do circadian processes affect tumor development, progression, and response to therapy?
- PQ-10: How do microbiota affect the response to cancer therapies?
- PQ-11: Through what mechanisms do diet and nutritional interventions affect the response to cancer treatment?
- PQ-12: What are the molecular and/or cellular mechanisms that underlie the development of cancer therapy-induced severe adverse sequelae?
The RFAs discussed included the following:
Please note: All of these RFAs have been reissued as “Clinical Trial Optional” funding opportunity announcements.
- RFA-CA-17-017 (R01) reissued as RFA-CA-18-019 (R01)
- RFA-CA-17-018 (R21) reissued as RFA-CA-18-020 (R21)
- RFA-CA-17-019 (R01) reissued as RFA-CA-18-021 (R01)*
- RFA-CA-17-020 (U01) reissued as RFA-CA-18-022 (U01)*
- RFA-CA-17-021 (P01) reissued as RFA-CA-18-023 (P01)*
- RFA-CA-17-022 (P50) reissued as RFA-CA-18-024 (P50)*
*This is a revision application, or competitive supplement, for the award-type listed.Watch the archived video for this webinar.