The following are publications about the development and evaluation of ASA24 or publications in which ASA24 was used to collect dietary data. This listing may provide useful information about using ASA24 generally and in specific research settings or populations.
The compilation below of ASA24 publications is not exhaustive. To suggest publications for inclusion on this page, please contact the ASA24 Support Team.
Note: NCI asks that extramural investigators that use the ASA24 system for data collection cite the resource in publications.
Development and Evaluation of ASA24
View additional background information on the evaluation and validation of ASA24.
- Schap TE, Thompson FE, Bailey R, Dodd KW, Dixit-Joshi S, Potischman N, Kirkpatrick SI, Alexander GL, Coleman LA, Kushi LH, Groesbeck M, Sundaram ME, Clancy HA, Zimmerman, TP, Douglass D, Mittl B, George SM, Gahche JJ, Kahle L Subar AF. Comparing reported dietary supplement intakes between two 24-hour recall methods: The Automated Self-administered 24-hour recall (ASA24) and the interview-administered Automated Multiple Pass Method (AMPM). In Press: J Acad Nutr Dietet.
- Park Y, Dodd KW, Kipnis V, Thompson FE, Potischman N, Schoeller DA, Baer DJ, Midthune D, Troiano RP, Bowles H, Subar AF. Comparison of self-reported dietary intakes from the Automated Self-Administered 24-h recall, 4-d food records, and food-frequency questionnaires against recovery biomarkers. Am J Clin Nutr. 2018 Jan 1;107(1):80-93. doi: 10.1093/ajcn/nqx002.
- Kirkpatrick SI, Gilsing AM, Hobin E, Solbak NM, Wallace A, Haines J, Mayhew AJ, Orr SK, Raina P, Robson PJ, Whelan HK. Lessons from Studies to Evaluate an Online 24-Hour Recall for Use with Children and Adults in Canada. Nutrients. 2017;9(2).
- Krehbiel CF, DuPaul GJ, Hoffman JA. A Validation Study of the Automated Self-Administered 24-Hour Dietary Recall for Children, 2014 Version, at School Lunch. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016 Dec 21 [Epub ahead of print].
- Kirkpatrick SI, Potischman N, Dodd KW, Douglass D, Zimmerman TP, Kahle LL, Thompson FE, George SM, Subar AF. The use of digital images in 24-hour recalls may lead to less misestimation of portion size compared to traditional interviewer-administered recalls. Am J Clin Nutr. 2016 Nov 2 [Epub ahead of print]
- Diep CS, Hingle M, Chen TZ, Dadabhoy HR, Beltran A, Baranowski J, Subar AF, Baranowski, T. A validation study of the Automated Self-Administered 24-Hour Dietary Recall for Children (ASA24-Kids) among 9 to 11-year-old youth. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015 Oct; 115(10): 1591-8.
- Thompson FE, Dixit-Joshi S, Potischman N, Dodd KW, Kirkpatrick SI, Kushi LH, Alexander GL, Coleman LA, Zimmerman, TP, Sundaram ME, Clancy HA, Groesbeck M, Douglass D, George SM, Schap TE, Subar AF. Comparison of interviewer-administered and automated self-administered 24-hour dietary recalls (ASA24) in three diverse integrated health systems. Am J Epidemiol. 2015 June 15; 181(12): 970-8.
- Zimmerman TP, Potischman N, Douglass D, Dixit-Joshi S, Kirkpatrick SI, Subar AF, McNutt S, Coleman LA, Alexander GL, Kushi LH, Thompson FE. The Effect of Editing Open-Ended Text Responses on Nutrient and Food Group Estimates from the Automated Self-Administered 24-Hour Dietary Recall (ASA24). Procedia Food Science. 2015; 4:160-72.
- Kirkpatrick SI, Subar AF, Douglass D, Zimmerman TP, Thompson FE, Kahle LL, George SM, Dodd KW, Potischman N. Performance of the Automated Self-Administered 24-hour Recall relative to a measure of true intakes and to an interviewer-administered 24-h recall. Am J Clin Nutr. 2014;100:233-40.
- Baranowski T, Islam N, Douglass D, Dadabhoy H, Beltran A, Baranowski J, Thompson D, Cullen KW, Subar AF. Food Intake Recording Software System, version 4 (FIRSSt4): a self-completed 24-h dietary recall for children. J Hum Nutr Diet. 2014 Jan;27 Suppl 1():66-71
- Douglass D, Islam N, Baranowski J, Chen TA, Subar AF, Zimmerman TP, Baranowski T. Simulated adaptations to an adult dietary self-report tool to accommodate children: impact on nutrient estimates. J Am Coll Nutr. 2013;32(2):92-7
- Islam NG, Dadabhoy H, Gillum A, Baranowski J, Zimmerman T, Subar AF, Baranowski T. Digital food photography: dietary surveillance and beyond. Proc Food Sci. 2013;2():122-8
- Subar AF, Kirkpatrick SI, Mittl B, Zimmerman TP, Thompson FE, Bingley C, Willis G, Islam NG, Baranowski T, McNutt S, Potischman N. The Automated Self-Administered 24-hour dietary recall (ASA24): a resource for researchers, clinicians, and educators from the National Cancer Institute. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012 Aug;112(8):1134-7
- Baranowski T, Islam N, Baranowski J, Martin S, Beltran A, Dadabhoy H, Adame SH, Watson KB, Thompson D, Cullen KW, Subar AF. Comparison of a Web-based versus traditional diet recall among children. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012 Apr;112(4):527-32
- Baranowski T, Baranowski JC, Watson KB, Martin S, Beltran A, Islam N, Dadabhoy H, Adame SH, Cullen K, Thompson D, Buday R, Subar A. Children's accuracy of portion size estimation using digital food images: effects of interface design and size of image on computer screen. Public Health Nutr. 2011 Mar;14(3):418-25
- Subar AF, Crafts J, Zimmerman TP, Wilson M, Mittl B, Islam NG, McNutt S, Potischman N, Buday R, Hull SG, Baranowski T, Guenther PM, Willis G, Tapia R, Thompson FE. Assessment of the accuracy of portion size reports using computer-based food photographs aids in the development of an automated self-administered 24-hour recall. J Am Diet Assoc. 2010 Jan;110(1):55-64
- Zimmerman TP, Hull SG, McNutt S, Mittl B, Islam N, Guenther PM, Thompson FE, Potischman NA, Subar AF. Challenges in converting an interviewer-administered food probe database to self-administration in the National Cancer Institute Automated Self-administered 24-Hour Recall (ASA24). J Food Compost Anal. 2009 Dec 01;22(Supplement 1):S48-S51
- Subar AF, Thompson FE, Potischman N, Forsyth BH, Buday R, Richards D, McNutt S, Hull SG, Guenther PM, Schatzkin A, Baranowski T. Formative research of a quick list for an automated self-administered 24-hour dietary recall. J Am Diet Assoc. 2007 Jun;107(6):1002-7
Data Collected Using ASA24
- Fruge AD, Ptacek T, Tsuruta Y, et al. Dietary Changes Impact the Gut Microbe Composition in Overweight and Obese Men with Prostate Cancer Undergoing Radical Prostatectomy. In Press: J Acad Nutr Diet.
- Jahns L, Conrad Z, Johnson LK, Scheett AJ, Stote KS, Raatz SK. Diet quality is lower and energy intake is higher on weekends compared with weekdays in midlife women: A 1-year cohort study. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2017 Feb 26. [Epub ahead of print]
- Shapiro AL, Ringham BM, Glueck DH, Norris JM, Barbour LA, Friedman JE, Dabelea D. Infant Adiposity is Independently Associated with a Maternal High Fat Diet but not Related to Niacin Intake: The Healthy Start Study. Matern Child Health J. 2017 Feb 4 [Epub ahead of print].
- Turner-McGrievy GM, Boutté A, Crimarco A, Wilcox A, Hutto BE, Hoover A, Muth ER. Byte by Bite: Use of a mobile Bite Counter and weekly behavioral challenges to promote weight loss. Smart Health. 2017 Apr 26 [Epub ahead of print]
- Vaughan CA, Collins R, Ghosh-Dastidar M, Beckman R, Dubowitz T. Does where you shop or who you are predict what you eat?: The role of stores and individual characteristics in dietary intake. Prev Med. 2017; 100:10-16.
- Widaman AM, Keim NL, Burnett DJ, Miller B, Witbracht MG, Widaman KF, Laugero KD. A potential tool for clinicians; evaluating a computer-led dietary assessment method in overweight and obese women during weight loss. Nutrients. 2017 Mar 1; 9(3).
- Wyckoff EP, Evans BC, Manasse SM, Butryn ML, Forman EM. Executive functioning and dietary intake: Neurocognitive correlates of fruit, vegetable, and saturated fat intake in adults with obesity. Appetite. 2017 Apr 1; 111:79-85 [Epub 2016 Dec 29].
- Adjoian TK, Firestone MJ, Eisenhower D, et al. Validation of self-rated overall diet quality by healthy eating index 2010 score among New York city adults, 2013. Prev Med Rep. 2016 Jan 9; 3: 127-31.
- Bouma S, Peterson M, Gatza E, et al. Nutritional status and weakness following pediatric hematopoietic cell transplantation. Pediatr Transplant. 2016; 20(8):1125-31.
- Brewis A, Brennhofer S, van Woerden I, et al. Weight stigma and eating behaviors on a college campus: Are students immune to stigma's effects? Prev Med Rep. 2016; 4:578-84.
- Burns AM, Zitt MA, Rowe CC, et al. Diet quality improves for parents and children when almonds are incorporated into their daily diet: a randomized, crossover study. Nutr Res. 2016;36:80–89.
- Che M. Statistical Modeling of Dietary Intake and Weight Gain During Pregnancy. University of Alberta, 2016.
- Cox DJ, Taylor AG, Singh H, et al. Glycemic load, exercise, and monitoring blood glucose (GEM): A paradigm shift in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016 Jan; 111:28-35
- Cross ED. Evaluating diet and physical activity factors that increase the risk of type 2 diabetes in adult Seneca Nation Indians using a 24-hour dietary recall and a 7-day physical activity recall. D'Youville College, 2015.
- Crume TL, Brinton JT, Shapiro A, et al. Maternal dietary intake during pregnancy and offspring body composition: The Healthy Start Study. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016 Nov;215(5):609.e1-609.e8.
- Cunningham-Sabo L, Lohse B, Smith S, et al. Fuel for Fun: a cluster-randomized controlled study of cooking skills, eating behaviors, and physical activity of 4th graders and their families. BMC Public Health. 2016;16(1):1-15.
- Gills SM, Baker SS, Auld G. Collection Methods for the 24-Hour Dietary Recall as Used in the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program. J Nutr Educ Behav. 2016 Nov 18. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gustafsson HC, Kuzava SE, Werner EA, et al. Maternal dietary fat intake during pregnancy is associated with infant temperament. Dev Psychobiol. 2016 May; 58(4):528-35.
- Haffner K. The effects of sleep quality on diet and physical activity in adolescents from low-income families. Oklahoma State University, 2016.
- Hales S, Turner-McGrievy G, Fahim A, et al. A Mixed-Methods Approach to the Development, Refinement, and Pilot Testing of Social Networks for Improving Healthy Behaviors. JMIR Hum Factors. 2016;3:e8.
- Hales S, Turner-McGrievy GM, Wilcox S, et al. Social networks for improving healthy weight loss behaviors for overweight and obese adults: A randomized clinical trial of the social pounds off digitally (Social POD) mobile app. Int J Med Inform. 2016;94:81-90.
- Huang CY. Improving Diet in Low-Income Neighborhoods: Leveraging the Food Environment for Change. Pardee RAND Graduate School, 2016.
- Joseph PV, Reed DR, Mennella JA. Individual Differences Among Children in Sucrose Detection Thresholds: Relationship With Age, Gender, and Bitter Taste Genotype. Nurs Res. 2016;65:3.
- Joseph PV, Reed DR, Mennella JA. Individual Differences Among Children in Sucrose Detection Thresholds. Nurs Res. 2016;65:3-12.
- Kanner S. Dietary intake of adolescent competitive figure skaters using a 24-hour recall. D'Youville College, 2016.
- Khan SA, Jackson RT, Momen B. The Relationship between Diet Quality and Acculturation of Immigrated South Asian American Adults and Their Association with Metabolic Syndrome. PLoS One. 2016;11(6):e0156851.
- Kouba J, Velsor-Friedrich B, Militello L, et al. Efficacy of the I Can Control Asthma and Nutrition Now (ICAN) pilot program on health outcomes in high school students with asthma. J Sch Nurs. 2012:1059840512466110.
- LeBlanc ES, Vesco KK, Funk KL, et al. Prepare, a randomized trial to promote and evaluate weight loss among overweight and obese women planning pregnancy: Study design and rationale. Contemp Clin Trials. 2016;49:174-80.
- López als. The Relationships Among Body Awareness, Self-Regulation, Self-Management, And Blood Pressure In Adults With Hypertension. Case Western Reserve University, 2016.
- Lytle LA, Laska MN, Linde JA, et al. Weight-Gain Reduction Among 2-Year College Students: The CHOICES RCT. Am J Prev Med. 2016 Dec 6. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mahoney SE, Carnes AD, Wójcicki TR, et al. Habitual Dietary Intake among Recreational Ultra-Marathon Runners: Role of Macronutrients on Performance. Journal of Food and Nutr Res. 2016;4(4):205-09.
- Monk C, Georgieff MK, Xu D, et al. Maternal prenatal iron status and tissue organization in the neonatal brain. Pediatr Res. 2016;79(3):482-8.
- Nguyen TT, Risbud RD, Chambers CD, et al. Dietary Nutrient Intake in School-Aged Children With Heavy Prenatal Alcohol Exposure. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2016;40:1075–82.
- Njike VY, Yarandi N, Petraro P, et al. Inclusion of walnut in the diets of adults at risk for type 2 diabetes and their dietary pattern changes: a randomized, controlled, cross-over trial. BMJ Open Diabetes Res Care. 2016; 4(1):e000293.
- Rampersaud GC, Sokolow A, Gruspe A, et al. Folate/Folic Acid Knowledge, Intake, and Self-Efficacy of College-Age Women: Impact of Text Messaging and Availability of a Folic Acid-Containing Supplement. J Am Coll Health. 2016:00–00.
- Salley JN, Hoover AW, Wilson ML, et al. Comparison between Human and Bite-Based Methods of Estimating Caloric Intake. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016 Apr 14.
- St. George SM, Van Horn ML, Lawman HG, et al. Reliability of 24-Hour Dietary Recalls as a Measure of Diet in African-American Youth. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016 Oct; 116(10): 1551-9.
- Timon CM, van den Barg R, Blain RJ, et al. A review of the design and validation of web- and computer-based 24-h dietary recall tools. Nutr Res Rev. 2016; 29(2):268-80.
- Webster CC, Noakes TD, Chacko SK, et al. Gluconeogenesis during endurance exercise in cyclists habituated to a long-term low carbohydrate high fat diet. J Physiol. 2016 Aug 1; 594(15): 4389-405.
- Wieland ML, Weis JA, Hanza MM, et al. Healthy immigrant families: Participatory development and baseline characteristics of a community-based physical activity and nutrition intervention. Contemp Clin Trials. 2016;47:22–31.
- Agarwal U, Mishra S, Xu J, et al. A multicenter randomized controlled trial of a nutrition intervention program in a multiethnic adult population in the corporate setting reduces depression and anxiety and improves quality of life: the GEICO study. Am J Health Promot. 2015;29:245–54.
- Aguilar SS, Wengreen HJ, Dew J. Skin Carotenoid Response to a High-Carotenoid Juice in Children: A Randomized Clinical Trial. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015;115:1771–78.
- Baxter SD, Smith AF, Guinn CH, et al. Retention interval and prompts: creation and cross-sectional pilot-testing of eight interview protocols to obtain 24-hour dietary recalls from fourth-grade children. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015;115:1291–98.
- Baxter SD, Smith AF, Hitchcock DB, et al. Effectiveness of prompts on fourth-grade children's dietary recall accuracy depends on retention interval and varies by gender. J Nutr. 2015;145:2185–92.
- Bobowski NK, Mennella JA. Disruption in the relationship between blood pressure and salty taste thresholds among overweight and obese children. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015;115:1272–82.
- Boeh HC. Validating Indiana's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) medium term survey using NIH NCI ASA 24 dietary recalls. Purdue University, 2015.
- Carson TL, Desmond R, Hardy S, Townsend S, Ard JD, Meneses K, Partridge EE, Baskin ML. A study of the relationship between food group recommendations and perceived stress: findings from black women in the Deep South. J Obes. 2015;2015:203164.
- Chen S. Assessing baseline data for fruit and vegetable intake among Native American children who planned to participate in a community garden program using 24-hour recalls. D'Youville College, 2015.
- Cohen DA, Collins R, Hunter G, et al. Store impulse marketing strategies and body mass index. Am J Public Health. 2015;105:1446–52.
- Cox C. A Translational Study Determining the Impact of Timing and Duration of Aerobic Walking on Metabolic Control and Personal Preferences Among Adults Recently Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. Winthrop University 2015.
- Crume TL, Shapiro AL, Brinton JT, et al. Maternal fuels and metabolic measures during pregnancy and neonatal body composition: the healthy start study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015;100(4):1672-80.
- Dubowitz T, Ghosh-Dastidar M, Cohen DA, et al. Diet And Perceptions Change With Supermarket Introduction In A Food Desert, But Not Because Of Supermarket Use. Health Aff. 2015;34:1858–68.
- Dubowitz T, Zenk SN, Ghosh-Dastidar B, Cohen DA, Beckman R, Hunter G, Steiner ED, Collins RL. Healthy food access for urban food desert residents: examination of the food environment, food purchasing practices, diet and BMI. Public Health Nutr. 2015 Aug;18(12):2220-30.
- Dubowitz T, Cohen DA, Huang CY, Beckman RA, Collins RL. Using a Grocery List Is Associated With a Healthier Diet and Lower BMI Among Very High-Risk Adults. J Nutr Educ Behav. 2015 May-Jun;47(3):259-64.
- Epstein LH, Carr KA, Scheid JL, et al. Taste and food reinforcement in non-overweight youth. Appetite. 2015;91:226–32.
- Florez KR, Dubowitz T, Ghosh-Dastidar MB, et al. Associations between depressive symptomatology, diet, and body mass index among participants in the supplemental nutrition assistance program. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015;115(7):1102-8.
- Graziano C, Hansen J, Horgan A, Moe E, McLain M, Goldberg L, Stadler D. Use of Automated Self-administered 24-hour Recalls (ASA24-2011) and Diet Quality Scores to Characterize Women who Met or Exceeded Weight Gain Recommendations during Pregnancy. Proc Food Sci. 2015; 4: 60-70.
- Hagobian T, D'Amico A, Vranna C, et al. Prospective Changes in Energy Intake, Physical Activity, and Resting Energy Expenditure during Pregnancy. California Journal of Health Promotion. 2015;13(3):66-71.
- Heinrich KM, Becker C, Carlisle T, et al. High-intensity functional training improves functional movement and body composition among cancer survivors: a pilot study. Eur J Cancer Care (Engl). 2015;24:812–17.
- Hume DJ, Kroff J, Clamp LD, et al. Compensations for Weight Loss in Successful and Unsuccessful Dieters. American Journal of Health Behavior. 2015;39:589–600.
- Kihatri A. Automated processing of continuous glucose monitor (CGM) data to study onset of diabetes. The University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2015.
- Masullo L, Papas MA, Cotugna N, et al. Complementary and alternative medicine use and nutrient intake among individuals with multiple sclerosis in the United States. J Community Health. 2015;40:153–60.
- Merlie M. Effectiveness of Interval vs. Endurance Training to Minimize Asthmatic Symptoms in Recreationally Active Adults. Drexel University, 2015.
- Miller LM, Cassady DL, Applegate EA, Beckett LA, Wilson MD, Gibson TN, Ellwood K. Relationships among food label use, motivation, and dietary quality. Nutrients. 2015 Feb 5;7(2):1068-80.
- Phelan S, Brannen A, Erickson K, Diamond M, Schaffner A, Muñoz-Christian K, Stewart A, Sanchez T, Rodriguez VC, Ramos DI, McClure L, Stinson C, Tate DF. 'Fit Moms/Mamás Activas' internet-based weight control program with group support to reduce postpartum weight retention in low-income women: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2015 Feb 25;16:59.
- Ritchie LD, Wakimoto P, Woodward-Lopez G, et al. The Healthy Communities Study nutrition assessments: child diet and the school nutrition environment. Am J Prev Med. 2015;49:647–52.
- Sarter B, Kelsey KS, Schwartz TA, et al. Blood docosahexaenoic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid in vegans: Associations with age and gender and effects of an algal-derived omega-3 fatty acid supplement. Clin Nutr. 2015;34:212–18.
- Shapiro A, Kaar J, Crume T, et al. Maternal Diet Quality and Obesity in Pregnancy Jointly Influence Neonatal Adiposity. The FASEB Journal. 2015;29:592–1.
- Spann MN, Smerling J, Gustafsson H, Foss S, Altemus M, Monk C. Deficient maternal zinc intake-but not folate-is associated with lower fetal heart rate variability. Early Hum Dev. 2015 Mar;91(3):169-72.
- Stangl SF. Food addiction and added sugar consumption in college-aged females. College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University, 2015.
- Stern M, Ewing L, Davila E, et al. Design and rationale for NOURISH-T: A randomized control trial targeting parents of overweight children off cancer treatment. Contemp Clin Trials. 2015;41:227–37.
- Svetkey LP, Batch BC, Lin PH, et al. Cell phone intervention for you (CITY): A randomized, controlled trial of behavioral weight loss intervention for young adults using mobile technology. Obesity. 2015;23(11):2133-41.
- Thiese MS, Effiong AC, Ott U, et al. A Clinical Trial on Weight Loss among Truck Drivers. Int J Occup Environ Med. 2015;6:551–104.
- Thomas LN, McIntosh WA. Local Food Consumption Is Associated With Higher Healthy Eating Index Score. Journal of Hunger & Environmental Nutrition. 2015;10:539–48.
- Turner-McGrievy G, Davidson CR, Billings DL. Dietary intake, eating behaviors, and quality of life in women with polycystic ovary syndrome who are trying to conceive. Hum Fertil (Camb). 2015;18:16–21.
- Wilson SL. The nutrition adequacy of NCAA Division III female soccer athletes assessed through two multi-pass 24-hour recalls with the use of ASA24. D'Youville College, 2015.
- Aguilar SS, Wengreen HJ, Lefevre M, Madden GJ, Gast J. Skin carotenoids: a biomarker of fruit and vegetable intake in children. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014 Aug;114(8):1174-80.
- Baker RA, Beals K, Darnell ME, et al. Dietary Protein Intake and Protein Supplement Use of United States Army Special Operations Command Operators. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014;114:A93.
- Batch BC, Tyson C, Bagwell J, et al. Weight loss intervention for young adults using mobile technology: design and rationale of a randomized controlled trial - Cell Phone Intervention for You (CITY). Contemp Clin Trials. 2014;37(2):333-41.
- Bjorge-Schohl B, Johnston CS, Trier CM, Fleming KR. Agreement in participant-coded and investigator-coded food-record analysis in overweight research participants: an examination of interpretation bias. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014 May;114(5):796-801.
- Dahl WJ, Wright AR, Specht GJ, Christman M, Mathews A, Meyer D, Boileau T, Willis HJ, Langkamp-Henken B. Consuming foods with added oligofructose improves stool frequency: a randomised trial in healthy young adults. J Nutr Sci. 2014 Apr 30;3:e7.
- Day J, Wengreen H, Heath E, et al. Prevalence of Low Energy Availability in Collegiate Female Runners and Implementation of Nutrition Education Intervention. Sports Nutr Ther. 2015;1:2.
- Delgado C, Ward P, Chertow GM, Storer L, Dalrymple L, Block T, Kaysen GA, Kornak J, Grimes B, Kutner NG, Johansen KL. Calibration of the brief food frequency questionnaire among patients on dialysis. J Ren Nutr. 2014 May;24(3):151-156.
- Eisenach JH, Sprung J, Clark MM, Shanafelt, TD, Johnson BD, Kruse TN, Chantigian DP, Carter JR, Long TR. The psychological and physiological effects of acute occupational stress in new anesthesiology residents: a pilot trial. Anesthesiology. 2014 Oct;121:878-93.
- Famodu O.Effectiveness of sleep extension on athletic performance and nutrition of female track athletes. West Virginia University, 2014.
- Hanley KM. Dietary analysis of adolescent male rowers assessed using 24-hour food recall. D'Youville College, 2014.
- Jasper P. Using the Bite counter to Overcome the Effect of Plate Size on Food Intake. Clemson University, 2014.
- Kien CL, Bunn JY, Stevens R, Bain J, Ikayeva O, Crain K, Koves TR, Muoio DM. Dietary intake of palmitate and oleate has broad impact on systemic and tissue lipid profiles in humans. Am J Clin Nutr. 2014 Mar;99(3):436-45.
- Kozey Keadle S, Lyden K, Staudenmayer J, et al. The independent and combined effects of exercise training and reducing sedentary behavior on cardiometabolic risk factors. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2014;39:770–80.
- Labyak C, Daily K, Samiian L, et al. Preventing Breast Cancer Recurrence through a Tailored Lifestyle Intervention: The MyLIFE (My Lifestyle Intervention with Food and Exercise) Trial Rationale and Study Design. J Clin Trials. 2014;2014.
- LeCheminant GM. A Randomized Controlled Trial to Study the Effects of Breakfast on Energy Intake, Physical Activity, and Body Fat in Women. Brigham Young University, 2014.
- Leung CW, Cluggish S, Villamor E, Catalano PJ, Willett WC, Rimm EB. Few changes in food security and dietary intake from short-term participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program among low-income Massachusetts adults. J Nutr Educ Behav. 2014 Jan;46(1):68-74.
- Mennella JA, Finkbeiner S, Lipchock SV, Hwang LD, Reed DR. Preferences for salty and sweet tastes are elevated and related to each other during childhood. PLoS One. 2014 Mar 17;9(3):e92201.
- Ruff RR, Akhund A, Adjoian T, et al. Calorie intake, sugar-sweetened beverage consumption, and obesity among New York City adults: Findings from a 2013 population study using dietary recalls. J Community Health. 2014;39:1117–23.
- Saslow LR, Kim S, Daubenmier JJ, Moskowitz JT, Phinney SD, Goldman V, Murphy EJ, Cox RM, Moran P, Hecht FM. A randomized pilot trial of a moderate carbohydrate diet compared to a very low carbohydrate diet in overweight or obese individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitus or prediabetes. PLoS One. 2014 Apr 9;9(4):e91027.
- Scisco JL, Muth ER, Hoover AW. Examining the Utility of a Bite-Count–Based Measure of Eating Activity in Free-Living Human Beings. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014;114:464–69.
- Takayama K. Dietary quality, reporting accuracy, and temporal eating patterns among low-income, Hispanic mothers. University of Delaware, 2014.
- Turner-McGrievy GM, Davidson CR, Wilcox S. Does the type of weight loss diet affect who participates in a behavioral weight loss intervention? A comparison of participants for a plant-based diet versus a standard diet trial. Appetite. 2014 Feb;73:156-62.
- Turner-McGrievy GM, Davidson CR, Wingard EE, et al. Low glycemic index vegan or low-calorie weight loss diets for women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a randomized controlled feasibility study. Nutr Res. 2014;34:552–58.
- Welsh EM, Perveen G, Clayton P, et al. Sodium reduction in communities Shawnee County survey 2011: Methods and baseline key findings. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014;20:S9–S15.
- Wilson M. Assessing the bite counter as a weight loss tool. Clemson University, 2014.
- Aguilar SS. Validating Resonance Raman Spectroscopy: a Non-invasive Assessment of Skin Carotenoids as a Biomarker of Fruit and Vegetable Intake in Children. Utah State University, 2013.
- Anema A, Marshall BD, Stevenson B, et al. Intergenerational sex as a risk factor for HIV among young men who have sex with men: a scoping review. Curr HIV/AIDS Rep. 2013;10(4):398-407.
- Da Silva VR, Hausman DB, Kauwell GPA, et al. Obesity affects short-term folate pharmacokinetics in women of childbearing age. Int J Obes (Lond). 2013;37:1608–10.
- Etienne-Gittens R, Boushey CJ, Au D, Murphy SP, Lim U, Wilkens L. Evaluating the Feasibility of Utilizing the Automated Self-administered 24-hour (ASA24) Dietary Recall in a Sample of Multiethnic Older Adults. Proc Food Sci. 2013; 2: 134-44.
- Fuglestad AJ, Fink BA, Eckerle JK, Boys CJ, Hoecker HL, Kroupina MG, Zeisel SH, Georgieff MK, Wozniak JR. Inadequate intake of nutrients essential for neurodevelopment in children with fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD). Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2013 Sep-Oct;39:128-32.
- Islam NG, Dadabhoy H, Gillum A, et al. Digital food photography: Dietary surveillance and beyond. Procedia Food Science. 2013;2:122–28.
- LeCheminant JD, Christenson E, Bailey BW, et al. Restricting night-time eating reduces daily energy intake in healthy young men: a short-term cross-over study. Br J Nutr. 2013;110:2108–13.
- Lipchock SV, Mennella JA, Spielman AI, Reed DR. Human bitter perception correlates with bitter receptor messenger RNA expression in taste cells. Am J Clin Nutr. 2013 Oct;98(4):1136-43.
- Mishra S, Barnard ND, Gonzales J, et al. Nutrient intake in the GEICO multicenter trial: the effects of a multicomponent worksite intervention. European Journal of Clin Nutr. 2013;67:1066–71.
- Mishra S, Xu J, Agarwal U, Gonzales J, Levin S, Barnard ND. A multicenter randomized controlled trial of a plant-based nutrition program to reduce body weight and cardiovascular risk in the corporate setting: the GEICO study. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2013 Jul;67(7):718-24.
- Reifsnider E, McCormick DP, Cullen KW, Szalacha L, Moramarco MW, Diaz A, Reyna L. A randomized controlled trial to prevent childhood obesity through early childhood feeding and parenting guidance: rationale and design of study. BMC Public Health. 2013 Sep 24;13:880.
- Rock CL, Byers TE, Colditz GA, Demark-Wahnefried W, Ganz PA, Wolin KY, Elias A, Krontiras H, Liu J, Naughton M, Pakiz B, Parker BA, Sedjo RL, Wyatt H; Exercise and Nutrition to Enhance Recovery and Good Health for You (ENERGY) Trial Group. Reducing breast cancer recurrence with weight loss, a vanguard trial: the Exercise and Nutrition to Enhance Recovery and Good Health for You (ENERGY) Trial. Contemp Clin Trials. 2013 Mar;34(2):282-95.
- Turner-McGrievy GM, Beets MW, Moore JB, Kaczynski AT, Barr-Anderson DJ, Tate DF. Comparison of traditional versus mobile app self-monitoring of physical activity and dietary intake among overweight adults participating in an mHealth weight loss program. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2013 May 1;20(3):513-8.
- Wozniak JR, Fuglestad AJ, Eckerle JK, et al. Choline supplementation in children with fetal alcohol spectrum disorders has high feasibility and tolerability. Nutr Res. 2013;33:897–904.
- Christenson E. Neural Responses to Food Pictures and Their Association with Dietary Intake. Brigham Young University, 2012.
- Colby S, Shelnutt K, Olfert M. A Social Marketing Campaign to Promote Health on a College Campus. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 2012;44:S79–S80.
- Dutta N. Feasibility of Using an Adjustable Sit-Stand Workstation at Work and its Impact on Non- Exercise Activity in Sedentary Office Workers: A Pilot Randomized Crossover Trial. University of Minnesota, 2012.
- Frankenfeld CL, Poudrier JK, Waters NM, et al. Dietary intake measured from a self-administered, online 24-hour recall system compared with 4-day diet records in an adult US population. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012;112:1642–47.
- Fuglestad AJ, Boys CJ, Chang P-N, et al. Overweight and obesity among children and adolescents with fetal alcohol spectrum disorders. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2014;38:2502–08.
- Goodwin CL, Forman EM, Herbert JD, et al. A pilot study examining the initial effectiveness of a brief acceptance-based behavior therapy for modifying diet and physical activity among cardiac patients. Behav Modif. 2012;36(2):199-217.
- Hebbert WA. Psychological Well-Being and Dietary Quality of College Women: Examining the Confounding Influence of Sleep and Physical Activity. Brigham Young University, 2012.
- Ledley GS, Goodwin CL, Forman EM, et al. A Pilot Study Examining the Initial Effectiveness of a Brief Acceptance-Based Behavior Therapy for Modifying Diet and Physical Activity Among Cardiac Patients. Behav Modif. 2012;36:199–217.
- Robbins WA, Xun L, FitzGerald LZ, et al. Walnuts improve semen quality in men consuming a Western-style diet: randomized control dietary intervention trial. Biology of Reproduction. 2012;87:101.
- Schohl B. Subject-Coded Versus Investigator-Coded Diet Analysis Among Overweight Individuals: A Comparison of Methods. Arizona State University, 2012.
- Sorg A. The effect of living arrangement on dietary intake of athletes who participated in Special Olympics living in Delaware County, Indiana. Ball State University, 2012.
- Trier C. Protein Ingestion as a Dietary Strategy for Managing Caloric Intake in Healthy Adults. Arizona State University, 2012.
- Trier CM, Johnston CS. Ingestion of nutrition bars high in protein or carbohydrate does not impact 24-h energy intakes in healthy young adults. Appetite. 2012;59:778–81.
- Alvarado C, Reed DB, Wang S, et al. Relationship of Diet and Alcohol to Body Mass Index in a University Student Population. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 2011;111:A24.
- Jahns M. Almond Consumption and Dietary Compensation in Overweight and Obese Adults. Arizona State University, 2011.
- Perkins AE. The Relationship between Diet Quality and Body Composition in College Women: a Cross-sectional Analysis. Brigham Young University, 2010.
- Goodwin CL. A pilot study examining the initial effectiveness of acceptance based behavior therapy for modifying diet, physical activity levels and smoking status in a cardiac population. Drexel University 2010.
- Stote KS, Carrico P, Cole R. Assessing Eating Behaviors in Adults Participating in a Web-Based Human Nutrition College Level Course. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 2010;110:A31.
ASA24 is a registered trademark of HHS.