ASA24-Canada-2016 is a Canadian adaptation of the ASA24 system that was released in 2014. As of April 2019, new studies can no longer register to use ASA24-Canada-2016. Researchers currently using ASA24-Canada-2016 will need to transition these studies to the latest version, ASA24-Canada-2018, by April 2020.
ASA24-Canada-2016 includes many of the features of the U.S. version, ASA24-2016. Recent updates include:
- Nutrient, food group and supplement database updates that include integration of data from:
- Canadian Nutrient File (CNF) 2015;
- Food and Nutrient Database for Dietary Studies (FNDDS) 2009-10 (version 5.0) and 2011-12;
- Food Patterns Equivalents Database (FPED) 2011-12;
- NHANES Dietary Supplement Database (DSD) 2011-12;
- Licensed Natural Health Products Database and
- 2007 Eating Well with Canada’s Food Guide
- The Respondent Nutrition Report, an optional module that provides study participants with information about how their daily intakes compare to Canadian dietary guidance and nutrient requirements. Note that for ASA24-Canada-2016, Respondent Nutrition Reports are available only for recalls or records collected after April 2019, and only if the Researcher has selected this option using the Researcher website.
The development of ASA24-Canada was supported by Health Canada's Food Directorate, the Alberta Cancer Foundation, the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer through funds allocated to Alberta's Tomorrow Project, and contributions from researchers at the University of Waterloo.
ASA24 is a registered trademark of HHS.